A-Z Guide of Guest Services and Policies
Aloha Stadium was designed for all guests to enjoy. However, there are certain areas of the stadium that can only be accessed with a designated ticket or credential. Guests should keep their ticket stubs with them at all times to avoid any confusion as they enjoy the stadium and its amenities. Guests may sit only in the seats for which they have tickets.
The following are areas with designated access requirements:
-Football Press Box
Accessible seating shall be limited to wheelchair users, ambulatory individuals who use mobility aids (crutches, walkers, canes, etc.) and ambulatory individuals with mobility impairments and their companions. Each disabled patron may purchase one (1) disabled ticket and three (3) companion tickets.
Please use the Main Salt Lake Stadium Entrance. Limited stalls available at parking sections 2AB, 3B, 6A, and 13A.
P.O. Box 30666
Honolulu, HI 96820-0666
(Physical Address for Directions or Deliveries)
99-500 Salt Lake Boulevard
Aiea, HI 96701
Baby changing stations are located in all restrooms throughout Aloha Stadium.
These restrooms are located in the outer concourse of sections: D, DD, G, GG, P, PP, S, SS.
It is our responsibility to ensure that reasonable precautions are taken to prevent an incident from occurring during events at Aloha Stadium. The safety of our Guests is an integral component of the stadium’s customer service program. All bags are subject to inspection before they are permitted into the stadium. In an effort to enhance public safety and facilitate a faster entry through the gates, Aloha Stadium has modified its security policy by limiting the size and number of bags allowed in the stadium.
Each person shall be allowed one CLEAR bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” in size.
In addition, each person will be allowed to hand-carry a blanket, poncho or jacket, along with a soft-sided seat cushion. Exceptions will only be made for medically necessary items, after proper inspection. Strollers are allowed, however they must be collapsible and fit underneath the seat and stored safely without obstructing the aisle-ways for other guests. Non-approved bags must be returned to vehicle or discarded. Hard-sided coolers will not be permitted. Guests are encouraged to read the listing of prohibited items before arriving at the stadium. Guests should also arrive early to allow additional time to enter the stadium. Aloha Stadium will not be responsible for any personal items left at the gate.
A. Banners/Signs are permissible in the stadium when they are safely constructed and displayed in such manner so as not to obstruct the view of spectators.
B. No banners/signs shall be affixed or secured to stadium property.
C. Banners/Signs should be made of paper or soft fabric that can be rolled up.
D. Aloha Stadium reserves the right to remove any banners/signs.
Bicycle parking is available in Section 1E and 14 E on the south side of the stadium. The bicycle rack parking area opens at the same time as the parking gates.
Bottles, cans or beverage containers of any kind are not allowed into Aloha Stadium. A search will be conducted at the gates to prevent these and other prohibited items from entering the stadium. Empty (including no ice) non-glass beverage containers 40 oz. or less are permitted subject to inspection unless otherwise noted for specific events. Aloha Stadium will not be responsible for any personal items left at the gate.
For your convenience, Bottle filling stations are available at Sections D, G, GG, SS.
The Box Office will have limited hours due to COVID-19; Monday & Thursday from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Closed on all State Holidays. Hours vary on Event dates.
Entrance: Main Salt Lake Blvd. Gate 1 (Lane 3) – Use call box for security entrance.
The information line is: 808-486-9300.
Payment for Tickets: For all minor events, the Box Office accepts cash only unless otherwise stated.
For UH Football and the Hawaii Bowl: the Box Office accepts Visa, Master Card or Cash.
For certain events, cameras and video recorders will not be allowed. Please contact the office at 808-483-2500 for details on which items will and will not be allowed into the stadium.
For certain events, it is not required that young children have tickets. In this situation, children must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult. Fold-up strollers should be stored under the seat.
University of Hawaii Football: Children three (3) years and under do not need a ticket.
High School Football: Children four (4) years and under do not need a ticket.
For all other events, please call 808-483-2500 for details.
The Aloha Stadium are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable game-day experience. We want fans of all ages to enjoy the excitement and enthusiasm of the game. All fans are encouraged to respect the rights of others by displaying proper etiquette. In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- Profanity or other offensive language or gestures, whether spoken, written or appearing on apparel
- Smoking (including vaporizers, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco). Aloha Stadium is a smoke-free zone.
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption or signs of substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior, including verbal or physical harassment
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Failure to sit in assigned location or seat
- Obstructing the view of other guests
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- Violation of state or local laws
- Destroying or defacing stadium property
- Failing to follow instruction of stadium personnel or stadium policies
Event patrons and guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund, loss of ticket privileges for future games, and possible arrest and prosecution for violations. Failure to comply may result in ejection or arrest. Fans are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to management personnel.
Please call our Security Hotline at (808) 483-2807 if you need assistance or to report any violations.
Centerplate manages concession and merchandise stands and provides special catering services for Aloha Stadium. With more than 80 client venues throughout the continental U.S. and Hawaii, Centerplate specializes in serving ballparks, stadiums, amphitheaters, theme parks, airports, civic and convention centers and indoor arenas. Based in Spartanburg, S.C., Centerplate has been serving patrons for more than 30 years. Centerplate offers a variety of items at stands located throughout the Stadium. All concession stands at Aloha Stadium accept every major credit and debit card. To contact Centerplate, please call: (808)488-0924.
DIRECTIONS (to the stadium)
Physical Address: 99-500 Salt Lake Blvd. Aiea, HI 96701
From the East (Honolulu/Waikiki):
-Take H-1 Westbound.
-Keep left and take I-H201 W/HI-78 via Exit 19B toward Fort Shafter/Aiea
-Take EXIT 1 toward Stadium/Camp Smith/Halawa
-Stay straight to go onto Ulune Ext.
-Turn left onto Kahuapaani Street
-Turn right onto Salt Lake Boulevard
From the West (Koolina, Kapolei, Waianae):
-Take H-1 Eastbound.
-Merge onto I-H201 E/HI-78 E via EXIT 13B
-Take EXIT 1B toward Stadium/Pearl Harbor
-Merge (right) onto Kahuapaani Street
-Turn Right onto Salt Lake Boulevard
From Windward Side (Kailua/Kaneohe):
-Take H-3 W toward Pearl Harbor
-Take EXIT 1C toward Stadium/Halawa/Camp Smith/Aiea
-Stay straight and go onto Ulune Ext.
-Turn Left onto Kahuapaani Street
-turn right onto Salt Lake Boulevard
Be sure to visit the traffic cam link at: Honolulu Traffic Camera
Aloha Stadium is committed to providing every guest, including those with vision, hearing, mobility or other disabilities, with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Accessible seating options are available on the main concourse level. Assisted listening devices are available upon request at the Information Room located on the outer concourse, Section A. Guests with disabilities and their companions are given first priority for service at the elevator located on the south end of the stadium. Ushers are located throughout the stadium to assist any guest requiring assistance in locating their seats and stadium services.
Aloha Stadium provides a DVD/video service that includes high school events dating back to 1991. Forms are available in the Information Room during events and the Events Office during business hours (Monday through Friday, 7:45am to 4:30pm), and on our website. For more information call 486-9511 or visit: DVD Online Information.
Aloha Stadium is proud to offer two electric car charging stations located in parking section 2A. Use of this station is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Aloha Stadium participates in the nationwide “If You See Something, Say Something” public awareness campaign – This simple and effective program to raise public awareness of indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crime, and to emphasize the importance of reporting suspicious activity to the proper local law enforcement authorities. This system is activated during UH Games, the Hawaii Bowl and other major events. To use this system, text “Aloha” to 78247 if you see any suspicious behavior.
There are five entrances into the stadium parking areas.
Gate 1: Located on upper Salt Lake Boulevard, this is the main entrance and the best entry point for parking sections 1-7 as well as the Bus Lot.
Gate 2: Located on Kamehameha Highway, this is the best entrance for parking in sections 8-14.
Gate 3: This is the Kahuapaani Street entrance and the best entry point for parking in the Upper Halawa Lot.
Gate 4: This is the Lower Salt Lake Boulevard entrance and the entry point for parking in the Lower Halawa Lot.
Gate 5: Kam Lot entrance. *TEMPORARILY CLOSED
*Note: The Aiea Pedestrian Bridge Gate will remain locked up at all times except during major events. For Business, please use the main Salt Lake entrance.
The stadium has two (2) escalators available for fan use. Escalators can be found at turnstiles Gate 5 (makai side) and Gate 8 (mauka side) ground level. Escalators are used to reach the main concourse level.
The field is a restricted area for stadium personnel, players, coaches, officials and other designated individuals, including the media. Field policies include the following:
A. NO food, drinks (water okay), snacks, vehicles, or smoking allowed on field.
B. NO tripods allowed during sporting events.
C. Non-Participants: No one under the age of 10 years old will be allowed onto the field during an event.
D. Participants/non-participants will enter (by listing or credential) via the North Tunnel,
Security Desk, or 50 yard line field steps.
E. Non-participants must stay behind the yellow demarcation line.
F. Licensee shall secure and cover all cables.
G. High School Football – Each participating high school is entitled to 2 field passes. These are usually for the yearbook or school newspaper staff. Field passes can be signed-out at the Information Room. Passes are non-transferable.
Trained medical personnel and facilities are available at Aloha Stadium.
First Aid stations are located:
- Behind of Section AA, south plaza, outer main concourse.
- Behind of Section VV, north plaza, outer main concourse
The Aloha Stadium Information Rooms are located on the outer main concourse of Sections AA and VV.
If you see or experience a housekeeping problem or maintenance concern, please notify your nearest Event Staff member, or visit a Guest Services Center located on the outer main concourse behind Sections AA and VV.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions no leis will be allowed inside the Aloha Stadium.
If a personal item is lost or stolen during an event at Aloha Stadium, please go to our Information Room located behind of Section A, south plaza, outer main concourse. You may also call our Events Office at 808-486-9511 during the following hours:
- Monday – 7:45 am to 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Friday – 7:45 am to 4:30 pm
Every child should be told to contact the nearest Stadium staff member should he or she become lost or to report to the Information Room located on the outer main concourse of Section A. To help lost kids find their parents, small children should have their tickets pinned to their shirt or pants, or tucked into a pocket at all times while inside stadium.
Our mission is to meet the challenge of providing a first class arena where the dreams of our young people can be realized through participation in sporting and other special events; where the spirit of achievement can be nourished by the thrill of competition; where families can gather to share their cultural diversity with pride and a feeling of Aloha.
Aloha Stadium has limited on-site parking. Tailgating is NOT allowed unless noted.
All parking gates are CASH ONLY
Stadium Events (excluding Professional Sports Events, Concerts, and Swap Meet & Marketplace)
$9.00 per car
32.00 per bus or limousine
Professional Sports Events and Concerts
$17.00 per car
$32.00 per bus or limousine
Swap Meet & Marketplace
(open Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm, Sunday 6:30am – 1:00pm)
$1.00 per person, 12 years and older
Free, 11 years and under
Gate opening times vary by event.
For UH games (closed for 2020 season) parking in the Upper and Lower Halawa Lots open 5 hours prior to kick-off. All other lots open 4 hours prior to kick-off.
A. TRAFFIC: No person shall operate any vehicle on the stadium premises:
1. At a speed in excess of twenty-five miles per hour.
2. In a careless or negligent manner or in such a manner as to endanger or injure persons or property.
3. In a direction other than as indicated by signs erected and designated for one-way traffic movement unless otherwise directed by an authorized official.
4. While under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
B. PARKING: Parking rules on the stadium premises:
1. Unless otherwise directed by the stadium parking personnel, no person shall park
a vehicle in any of the following places:
• Wherever the curbings are painted red to indicate no parking.
• In marked pedestrian crosswalks and walkways.
• On roadways and locations where a parked vehicle may constitute an obstruction,
or a traffic hazard.
• Places where official signs prohibit parking.
• Areas designated by stadium management as restricted areas.
2. No person shall park a vehicle on the roadway or in any area of the parking lot in such a manner as to block other vehicles, or to restrict the free movement of vehicular traffic unless otherwise directed by an authorized official.
3. Parking is on a “first-come, first-park” basis and reserving parking stalls, or spaces shall be prohibited unless written authorization is obtained from the Manager. Each vehicle shall be parked wholly within a designated stall and shall not straddle or occupy space of an adjoining stall.
4. Vehicles parked in violation, may be towed off the premises at the expense of the vehicle owner or driver.
5. The following are PROHIBITED:
• Pegging of any kind.
• Recreational play (including, but not limited to ball playing, Frisbee tossing, football tossing, bicycle riding, skateboarding, rollerblading). No remote control devices allowed on property.
• Sponsorship/Advertising banners or signs.
• Animals, except ADA-Compliant service animals
or as approved by the Stadium Manager.
• Concerts, public performances, contests, and live broadcasting without prior approval from Stadium Manager.
• Excessively loud music.
• Motorized remote controlled devices.
• Soliciting, hawking, selling, passing out literature handouts or giving away free items without prior approval from Stadium Manager.
6. ADA PARKING: Disability parking during major events will be located in section 2AB/3B/6A/9A/13A and the Upper Halawa Parking Lot. Disability parking for non-major events may be added to accommodate disabled Guests.
•Guests must have placard clearly visible at all times -displayed on the rear view mirror or on the front dashboard.
•Parking citations will be issued to illegally parked vehicles.
7. RESERVED PARKING:
• Media parking (passes only) Section 1-C & 2C.
• Official parking (passes only) Section 1-B.
• Special VIP Guests South Red Zone.
• TV Compound Section 7AB.
• Additional reserved parking sections may be requested by the event licensee.
The following items are PROHIBITED from entering the Aloha Stadium turnstiles: Weapons; Noise Makers; Illegal Drugs; Cans & Bottles; Umbrellas; Coolers; Fireworks; Outside Food & Beverages (including any type of leis); Inflatable objects of any kind; Confetti; Balloons; Lasers; Poles & Sticks; Skateboards; rollerblades; Bicycles; Animals (except ADA-Compliant Service Animals); motorized remote controlled devices (including drones); or any items which may pose a health or safety issue to our guests and employees. All bags, jackets, guests and vehicles are subject to search upon entering the premises.
Paging guests over the public address system is not permitted except in the case of locating lost children or in the event of a medical emergency. If guests need paging for emergency purposes, contact any usher or report to the Information Room for assistance.
Aloha Stadium has a NO RE-ENTRY policy. Guest(s) may exit and return for emergency purposes only.
Restrooms are located in the outer concourse of sections: D, DD, G, GG, P, PP, S, SS
A convenient drop-off and pick-up zone is available at the Main Salt Lake Blvd Gate.
The Security Office and holding area is located on the South end street level, right of the Main Box Office. Please call our Security Hotline at (808) 483-2807 if you need assistance or to report any violations.
Aloha Stadium is a smoke-free zone. For the health and comfort of others, smoking of any kind, including the use of electronic/vapor cigarettes will not be permitted within the stadium areas.
Guests who fail to comply with this policy may be subject to removal from the stadium.
Guests are prohibited from distributing banners, booklets, business cards, circulars, commercial advertising, flyers, folders, handbills, leaflets, notices, pamphlets, posters, stickers or any other written, printed and/or painted materials, without advance written permission from Stadium Manager.
This one-hour tour provides special interest groups the opportunity to visit this multi-purpose facility that has served Hawaii since 1975. Guests will have the opportunity to see what actually goes on behind the scenes as we prepare for an event. Tour attractions will include visits to the field, team locker rooms, press box level, and much more! For more information call the Marketing Office at 808-483-7133. TEMPORARILY ON HOLD DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS.
Aloha Stadium welcomes guests with strollers. Strollers must be collapsible and fit underneath the seat and stored safely without obstructing the aisle-ways for other guests.
The Swap Meet & Marketplace is temporarily closed for the Stay-at-Home order now through September 24th. Swap Meet & Marketplace is tentatively scheduled to re-open Saturday, September 26 from 8:00am – 1:00pm and Sunday, September 27 from 6:30am – 1:00pm
New COVID-19 hours of operation: Saturday’s 8:00am – 1:00pm & Sunday, 6:30am – 1:00pm. Closed on weekdays.
Pre-game and post-game tailgate party rules in the stadium parking lot (tailgating is allowed only at all University of Hawaii games, Hawaii Bowl, Professional Sporting Events. NO tailgating is allowed at any other Stadium event unless noted):
1. Cars, tables, chairs, barbecue pits and tents must be confined to one stall. Groups may park contiguous to one another and share a tent or equipment traversing their vehicles and their stalls. However, there should be no empty stalls between their vehicles and tailgating parties should not expect to occupy empty stalls near their party. NO LOITERING after start of event.
2. To alleviate potential fire hazards, a hibachi or other cooking device shall be kept a safe distance from any fuel tank.
3. Lit hibachi or other cooking device shall not be left unattended.
4. Hot coals and other burning residues shall be doused and completely extinguished before they are disposed.
5. No dumping of hot coals in the parking lot or in trash receptacles.
6. The owner should dispose of all tailgating material and refuse in a safe manner.
7. No tents and barbecues on the grassy (front lawn on the South end) area and any pedestrian walkway. Exception: Grass area between parking stalls may be used for tailgating.
8. No alcohol capacity containers (kegs, party balls, etc.). *It is unlawful for any adult to provide or purchase alcohol for consumption by minors under the age of 21.
9. No person shall strew litter on the stadium premises.
10. Tailgate parties shall cease on or before the established curfew (1 hour after event) as designated by the Stadium Manager, and thereupon all vehicles shall promptly vacate the stadium premises.
11. Motorized remoted controlled devices.
Aloha Stadium was designed for all guests to enjoy. However, there are certain areas of the stadium that can only be accessed with a designated ticket or credential. Guests should keep their ticket stubs with them at all times to avoid any confusion as they enjoy the stadium and its amenities.Guests may sit only in the seats for which they have tickets.
The following are areas with designated access requirements:
-Football Press Box
For live updates regarding traffic and parking, follow us on Facebook @AlohaStadiumHawaii and Twitter @AlohaStadiumHI.
The turnstile gates for UH games open 1 ½ hours prior to kick-off.
Please check individual event pages for more information prior to the event as times are subject to change.
Umbrellas are not permitted inside Aloha Stadium. Poncho’s are available for sale at all concession stands throughout the stadium.
Empty (including no ice) non-glass beverage containers 40 oz. or less are permitted subject to inspection. Aloha Stadium will not be responsible for any personal items left at the gate. Bottle filling stations are available at Sections D, G, GG, SS.
Aloha Stadium provides free wheelchair loaners for Guests that require assistance to their seats. Wheelchairs are located in the North and South First Aid Stations.
Personal wheelchairs can be stored in the following areas:
A. Main Concourse- South & North First Aid Stations.
B. Upper Concourse Sections R and EE (Guests should provide a lock to secure their wheelchairs).
Will Call hours vary by event. Please call 808-486-9300 for details about specific events.
Aloha Stadium Management reserves the right to adjust stadium policies at their sole discretion without any prior notice.